Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Not Exactly Kosher


In celebration of the season, I'm focusing today on the best food in the world -- bacon. If you are still looking for a present for that special someone, read on.
.
In pursuing the subject in my usual manner, I conducted extensive research. First of all, bacon was not named for the 16th-century philosopher and scientist Sir Francis Bacon.
.
There are several blogs devoted to bacon exclusively. One of the best I've found is
Bacon Unwrapped. There you can find all the latest news and developments in the world of bacon.
.
There are hundreds of recipes listed around the internet that feature bacon. My favorite bacon-oriented dish, however, is my wife's bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. Cream cheese inside, jalapeno, and bacon on the outside. What's not to like?

Of course, the world has always had visionaries, and the world of bacon is no different. From the same people who brought you
Bacon Salt, there is now Baconnaise, a bacon-flavored condiment to go with everything. (Not to be confused with my previously featured condiment, chili dog-flavored mustard.)
.
Here is a picture of what would be my perfect food:

And, to make sure we embrace the actual spirit of Christmas, here is a song that will warm your heart throughout the holidays.

.

.


Note: Due to the abilities of the skilled lawyers at Warner Brothers, we must identify the artist on this record as Seymour Swine, not Porky Pig. (Actual recording made in 1982 by
Denny Brownlee, an aspiring DJ who worked on the John Boy and Billy radio show.)

No comments: