Friday, October 31, 2008
McCain may win; Obama will likely win. I know that the polls can't be trusted. Imagine you're a black voter who goes into the booth and decides that Obama is just not qualified (a very rational decision.) You go outside and the network reporter shoves a camera and microphone in your face and asks you how you voted. Are you going to say you voted for Obama, or for the white guy? The networks will start calling the election for Obama at about noon.
Even if McCain wins, however, I'll need a break from the craziness of this election. It will be fun to focus on other topics for a while. After that, we'll see. If Obama wins and the Democrat Congress starts its turn toward collectivism, I'll be making observations to say "You were warned."
Monday, October 27, 2008
I see a trend.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
The Obama campaign's response was swift and severe. Biden's wife Jill was scheduled to have an interview with WFTV the next day. That inteview was cancelled. The cancellation came in a letter from the Obama campaign.
"This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election," wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign.
Kudos to WFTV for having the journalistic integrity to ask the questions that Americans are asking. Send them a message. and compliment them on their ethical stance and encourage them to stand up to Obama's bullying tactics. Specifically commend Barbara West for asking pointed questions in a courteous, professional manner. She is getting slammed hard in the Liberal blogosphere, one of the most powerful forces in America. West will need all the support she can get.
The important thing is that West is not the story; Biden's angry responses and the Obama campaign's swift retaliation are. They do everything they can to silence opposition, and they will do the same to WFTV and to Barbara West personally. Look how they have smeared Joe the plumber. (Someone in the Ohio state government may have accessed his information illegally.)
Bonus: Note that Biden accuses Bush and McCain of "spreading the wealth around" in his answer. That's a new one.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Where are the global warming alarmists now? I feel the need to rhetorically slap them around. And shouldn't this new evidence put a damper on global warming legislation?
"Conservatives understand that every person is a part of a family and a community; they understand that each generation is just one link in the long chain of human history; and they understand that each person and each generation has duties to those who went before, those who are living today, and those who will come after us."
Worth reading for a reaffirmation of what conservatism really is.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Coulter: "Like what?"
O'Reilly: "He demonized people who didn't deserve to be demonized."
Coulter: "That's not true. Name one. There is not one."
O'Reilly: "I'll name one—Dalton Trumbo."
Coulter: "He had nothing to do with Dalton Trumbo."
O'Reilly: "Sure he did. It was the House Unamerican Activities Committee. And who was overseeing that?"
Coulter: "He was known as Senator McCarthy. He was in the Senate, not the House."
Sunday, October 12, 2008
"I don't want the Republican Party simply defeated in November, I want to see it smashed beyond all recognition, in such wriggling, writhing, anguished disarray that it can barely reconstitute itself...."
That sounds like someone who doesn't care what ACORN has to do for Obama to win. Wonder how many other Democrats feel the same way?
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
If you want to send an Obama supporter into a snarling, spitting rage, bring up some of these subjects:
Obama’s longtime friendship with William Ayers, former member of the terrorist group Weather Underground.
Obama’s explanation: “He was just a guy who lived in my neighborhood.” Or “I was eight years old when he committed his crimes.”
· Obama started his political career in 1995 at a get-together at Ayers’ home.
· Obama and Ayers served together for three years on the Wood Fund in Chicago.
· Obama and Ayers appeared on a panel on juvenile crime in 1997. The University of Chicago panel was organized by Michelle Obama.
· Ayers picked Obama to chair the Annenburg Challenge in Chicago. Obama served for eight years.
Obama’s longtime friendship with Jeremiah “God damn America” Wright.
Obama’s explanation: “I never heard him say any of those things.”
· Obama was a member of Wright’s church for twenty years.
· If Obama attended church twice a month, he had around 500 opportunities to hear Wright speak.
· Obama thought enough of Wright that he titled his autobiography after one of Wright’s sermons.
Obama’s longtime friendship with Tony Rezko, Chicago businessman indicted for fraud and bribery.
Obama’s explanation: “I didn’t know anything about his activities.”
· Rezko was a donor and fundraiser for Obama beginning in 1995.
· While a state senator, Obama wrote letters to government officials supporting Rezko’s bid to build apartments for senior citizens. After pocketing millions of dollars – some of which he donated to Obama’s campaign – Rezko let the apartment buildings fall into disrepair.
· Obama wanted to buy a home priced at $1.95 million. He bought the home for $1.65 million. The very same day Obama closed on his home, Rezko’s wife bought a vacant lot next door to the home for the full asking price of $625,000. An independent appraisal of the vacant lot put the value at about $500,000. Some time later, Rezko’s wife sold a strip of the land to Obama for $104,500.
Obama’s battle against granting rights to babies who were born alive.
Version 1: “The legislation would have impeded a woman’s right to abortion.”
Version 2: “I would have voted for the federal version of the bill.”
Version 3: “The federal version would have different effects than the state version.”
· Obama voted against legislation while a state senator in Illinois. The legislation, known as the “Born Alive Infant Protection Act,” had the following wording: A live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.
· Meanwhile the US Congress passed legislation with almost the exact same wording. The legislation included specific wording to protect a woman’s “right” to an abortion – as did the Illinois legislation.
Obama apparently had trouble coming up with a politically correct way to say Let the babies die.
Don't let it bother you when the Obama supporter can't explain the above facts about Obama. And don't think an Obama supporter will change his mind because of these facts. Facts and truth have no place in the Obama supporter's world. Simply use the above to slice them up for fun, and enjoy the carnage.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Time: Summer, 2007
Occasion: Disabilities Awareness Day
Setting: For Disabilities Awareness Day, children with special needs were treated like VIP's at a Red Sox baseball game. They even arranged for a mentally-challenged young man to sing the national anthem. That's a hard song for anyone, and he ran into trouble halfway through.
Watch to see who comes to his rescue.