Saturday, May 17, 2014
Conservative Self Destruction
John Ransom had a great recent column in which he listed several ways grassroots Conservatives (think "Tea Partiers" if you want) shoot themselves in the foot. It's a realistic, practical view on strategic and tactical blunders that prevent the Tea Party from having greater success. He expands on these points, so it's well worth reading his column.
1. We're not reaching out to people who disagree with us.
2. We've gotten lazy about making people's lives better.
3. We need to focus more on entertaining than informing.
4. We get too impressed by the "more conservative than you" game.
5. We refuse to challenge liberal control of cultural institutions.
Read Ransom's "5 Aggravating Ways Grassroots Conservatives Screw Themselves"